Posted to uk.d-i-y
Harry Bloomfield Harry Bloomfield is offline

Default Tips on moving a sectional garage

It happens that formulated :
Hi

I've got a concrete sectional garage only it dominates the back garden
and I want to take it down, reduce it in length and width by removing
panels and then re-erect it in a different place. Before I start
laying a new concrete base, any tips on taking one of these things
down? It's a Prestige garage (based in Stockport) and the panels are
2m x 60cm. It has an apex roof and Henderson up and over door. Tips
anyone?

Your biggest problem might be the roof. I assume the roof is supported
by steel framing and this will need to be re-adjusted. Be aware that
those concrete panels are very heavy. Method is to remove sides working
towards a corner, so that the two panels forming the corner keep it
vertical until the last moment. When reassembling you start from the
corner.

Is it an asbestos roof?

--

Regards,