Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub HeyBub is offline

Default Cutting a Preformed Laminate Countertop

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"trbo20" wrote in message
Does anyone know how to make this join tight?

I thought about using a jig and a fine toothed skilsaw, but the
backsplash prevents it. A bandsaw would work well if I had one large
enough for the job, but I don't. My idea at this point is to use a
jigsaw and a belt sander to dress the edge.

I'd find someone with a good tablesaw or radial arm saw and buy them
a six pack of their favorite beverage. IMO, anything done with a
jigsaw is not going to be as perfect as needed for that application.

Beverage use AFTER the cut.