Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike Marlow Mike Marlow is offline

Default Why do chisels have to be sharp?

"Doug Brown" wrote in message

so are we gonna start calling shovels "dirt chisels?"

My best friend is constantly using my screwdrivers for chisels (cold
chisels) whenever he is working on something in my garage. On top of that -
everything he uses, he sticks in his pocket. Not because he's trying to
make off with it, but that's just his holding area for tools. Every time I
go to grab a screwdriver it seems I find the tips broken - or the damned
screwdriver is missing. Call Jim - sure enough, it's in his pocket. So...
around here we've come to refer to screwdrivers as Jim's pocket chisels.

But, Jim is one of those friends who just can't do anything wrong. You know
the type - they are such a good friend that they just can't do anything
wrong.

--

-Mike-