Posted to rec.woodworking
Ignoramus9377 Ignoramus9377 is offline

Default Scroll saw secrets for making neat holes

On 23 Feb 2007 19:03:23 -0800, Jay Pique wrote:
On Feb 22, 11:05 pm, Ignoramus19901 ignoramus19...@NOSPAM.
19901.invalid wrote:
I have a need to make neat round holes in plywood, from 1.75 to maybe 5-6
inches in diameter. That's not for a woodworking project, it is to

Any other suggestions will be gratefully accepted.

If you want neat and round, a scroll saw might not be the best way to
get there. Someone already suggested a circle/wheel cutter for a
drill press. I also have had great success using a circle cutting jig
with a router. Jasper makes an excellent one, seen here...
http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...70&cat=1,43000

They were originally designed for making cutouts for speakers, and
they do that excellently. Just be sure that the pivot pin is pushed
far enough in when you're making really small circles. If the collet
hits it bad things can happen.

Looks like a great idea, though, i think, I do satisfactorily with
what I have, given that I use these circles for plasma cutting.