Paul

Default Strangest first project.

John, this is sad. I've got a shop full of tools now.
Bandsaw/shopsmith/table saw/2 routers/and old wards wood lathe/compound
miter/hand tools out the ears/grinders and a LeBlond lathe on the way and
I'm all of 29. It just floors me that the current youth aren't interested in
how things Work....or even yet how things are put together. Of course I had
to fire my last SWMBO in order to get all of the above and "keep" them. She
took all the money and a new car (paid for) but that's another story. I'm
sure some of you guys can console with me on that one. But either way I
digress I'm a young'n and I enjoy figuring things out. Projects? Give me
one. =) Currently I'm building a automated counter pressure bottle filler
for home brewers soda and beer. (quite possibly just for me.)

Anyway I had to put my 2 cents in.

Reno, Paul

"JMartin957" wrote in message
Mine wasn't a radio, but a mount to carry a portable radio on my bicycle.
Vacuum tubes didn't take too kindly to the bumps, but it did play most of

the
time.

Those were great days. Bicycling out Croton Lake Road on a summer day,

radio
going to WINS, fishing rod across the handlebars and a few friends along.

Still
like the same music, but I sure don't miss that old one speed tank on the
hills. Or maybe I do miss it.... but not on the hills.

The go cart came next.

Too bad that my two sons, and most of the kids their age that I know,

won't be
posting replies to a thread like this forty years from now. Growing up,

my dad
had a bench grinder, a power drill, and a flexible shaft tool, and later a
radial arm saw that I wasn't allowed to use. I have a basement full of

saws
(table, band, scroll), lathes (wood, 2 metal), shapers (wood, metal),

milling
machine, drill press, jointer and planer. Not to mention the power hand

tools.
And, yes, that old bench grinder and the flexible shaft tool. While each

boy
- now 24 and 20 - has built things in the shop, I don't think either has

ever
done a major project entirely on his own. That's sad.

John Martin