Posted to alt.home.repair
Big_Jake Big_Jake is offline

Default Installing vinyl flooring in a long, narrow room

On Feb 23, 1:20 pm, "Larry Bud" wrote:
On Feb 23, 1:00 pm, "Joe" wrote:

On Feb 23, 7:44 am, "Larry Bud" wrote:
snip

IMO definitely a job for a pro. Besides looking better at the seam,
there will be far less waste. And you will be pleaantly surprised at
how fast these folks are. Good luck.

It's a money issue, however.

So you're suggesting that the pros would install this with a seam?

Yep.

2 cuts 12' x 11' and 12' x 8' Seamed across the short dimension.
This would save about 50 sf of flooring over having one pc that is 12'
x 24', and working with two smaller pcs is much easier than one huge
one. I'm a very avid DIY guy, and I wouldn't attempt to do this as
one pc, nor would I want to try seaming for the first time ever in my
own kitchen, where I have to look at the quality of my work every day.

JK