Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Federal Pacific Circuit Breaker Box with Challenger breakers???

On Feb 23, 1:42�pm, "Stormin Mormon" cayoung61-
wrote:
I've heard of problems with FPE, but this is a really graphic
first hand report.

--

Christopher A. Young
* You can't shout down a troll.

wrote in message

oups.com...
: As to FPE stab lock. I am the unfortunate owner of one of those
panels
: and am planning on replacing it this spring for SAFETY
reasons.Would
: of done it sooner lack of $$$ need to upgfrade to 200 amps.
Existing
: is 100 amp service here.
:
: I accidently shorted a wire and watched it vaporize and
explode
:
: The #$@%$ breaker never tripped. Once a stab lock breaker trips
ONCE
: its 33% less likely to EVER trip again. Just search this panel
and you
: will understand........
:
: The company falsified tests and went out of business over the
mess.
:
: Its a real fire hazard!!!!!!!
:

I stood in awe of what I saw

That got me googling FPE and its terrible history.