Posted to rec.food.equipment,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
Andrew Jahns Andrew Jahns is offline

Default Amana Dishwasher Noise

Dishwasher noise is one of the major features in selecting a dishwasher.
Amana dishwashers are highly rated, inexpensive but give no noise
numbers. I emailed Amana and got the following answer.

The decibel rating is...
ADB1500AW-55 Db
ADB2500AW-52 Db
ADB3500AW-55 Db

These Amana decibel numbers are very good in comparison. If they are
correct, the Amana is a good deal quieter than the average Kenmore (59
dB), and as quiet as the lower end Bosch (53 dB) for quite a bit less money.

Can anyone give any backup to these Amana dB noise number either through
personal experience or otherwise?

Amana Consumer Affairs wrote:
Hello,

Thank you for visiting our Maytag.com customer service page. We

appreciate your interest in our products and service.

The decibel rating is...
ADB1500AW-55 Db
ADB2500AW-52 Db
ADB3500AW-55 Db

If you have additional questions or comments, please do not hesitate

to contact us.

Sincerely,

Eric
Maytag Consumer Services
(Mon.-Fri. 8:00 a.m.- 8:00 p.m., Eastern Time)

Received Date: 2/15/07
Completion Date: 2/23/07