Posted to alt.home.repair
Gary Gary is offline

Default Switch near tub

It is at 8'1", but I am putting in a wet location fixture yes. So there is
a code on LV switches?

wrote in message
On Thu, 22 Feb 2007 05:36:28 GMT, "Gary" wrote:

I'm wiring for a reading light in the ceiling above my soaker tub. I was
going to wire it to an air switch that was going to go into the rim of the
tub. Can I use a decora switch on the wall next to the tub and run it to
a relay that would control the light?

Thx
Gary

The only rule about switches is that they can't be inside "tub space",
the area above the tub. The light itself is another issue. Is is above
8'? If not it needs to be "wet location" rated