Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Dani Dani is offline

Default Sony 36" TV weird problems.

Model # KV36FV15. Unit has no raster, or audio, has a low "white
noise" in the speakers, but has filiaments, & 30 KV high voltage. Turn
up G 2 gives no vertical, not quite enough horizontal
width, sometimes the lower half of the picture has raster, & retrace
lines, & bad pincushion correction. I removed the rear vertically
mounted A/V board, looking for bad connections, as it is
a common fault. B + is 135 volts, & I have 22, -15, & 15 volts. The
front buttons don't work, but
unit comes on with a remote. Even with the remote, I can't get input
access, or select vloume, channel etc. Led flashes continuously, no
code.I read somewhere something about the data & clock lines, but it's
really a stumper. Anyone see this very odd problem before? Thanks,
Dani.