Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Shredding/chipping leylandii

On 23 Feb, 18:41, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:
Tim Downie wrote:

Having grubbed out my hedge, I now have a huge pile of branches to
deal with, probably about 3 skip loads.

SNIP
Any other suggestions? Would something like this
(http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...er/7218400.htm) be up
to the job (assuming we avoid stuffing anything too thick down its
throat)?

If that shreds a 40mm branch then I'm a Dutchman. No chance!

We removed a tree yaer before last. Cut it into useable pieces & bought a
cast iron Chimira. Great! Outside sitting on the decking with a large
drink, logs crackling away!

I got a basic £70 one that does 4cm, and got through a pretty big pile
with it. But it was ---ing noisy and slower than I'd hoped for.

NT