Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] jazon48@yahoo.com is offline

Default Energy saving idea for a refrigerator

On Feb 22, 10:50 pm, Tom Terrific wrote:
I had a idea that might save some energy. I've had ideas like this
in the past, but they're usually not practical - like heating my
backyard pool water with the condenser coil from my central air. The
pool gets heated, while the AC, presumably, cools the house more
efficiently.

I recently thought of running the compressor and coil from my
refrigerator and freezer outside. This wouldn't be such a huge
effort - . . . .

-TT

Both fine ideas.

However: ". . . .This wouldn't be such a huge effort- . . ." is
hardly the case. The job requires some significant expense for
refrigerant and copper and a need for some fairly skilled labor. I
can't see any hope for recovering your costs unless it's totally
DIY. Are you good enough at HVAC to do the work?

Jason