Posted to uk.d-i-y
Michael Michael is offline

Default Tumble dryer requirements

On 22 Feb, 11:37, wrote:
On 21 Feb, 23:28, "Martin Pentreath"
wrote:

It's not exactly a DIY question, but I can't find a better UK group to
ask, and you're always all so helpful (flatter, flatter).

I'm looking for a tumble dryer to go in my cellar. (It's dry enough
and the washing machine and freezer are already happily working down
there). Apparently I'm being a bit fussy because I can find very few
machines that do what I want.

1) It has to be a condenser, because I can't vent it down there.

2) I want a pump-to-drain option because I can't be arsed with
fiddling about emptying tubs of water all the time.

3) In a token nod towards global warming (and my leccy bill) it has to
have a humidity sensor so that it turns itself off when the stuff is
dry.

All I can find is the Hoover HHD780X which seems to fit the bill and
is not too bad at around £250 delivered.http://www.hoover.co.uk/docs/product.asp?id=221

Any opinions on this model, Hoover dryers generally, or any other
recommendations?

Cheers!

Martin

Better option:http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?title=Clothes_Dryer

NT

If a few scratches aren't a problem in that location you may want to
consider a 'graded' dryer. I personally bought mine off Ebay, not new
graded but used and four years old with matching washing machine. They
look like new and I've never seen such good build quality. Miele
washers are built to do 5000 washes.
Another thing I would recommend are those Victorian style airer rails
that hang by pulleys from the ceiling- again sold on EBay. If you have
the room they would cut your drying bills if at least some drying was
done naturally.