Posted to alt.home.repair
Eigenvector Eigenvector is offline

Default Replacing drywall along whole wall

"Art" wrote in message
news
If this is your top floor and the roof uses trusses, don't be surprised if
the ends of the ceiling sheetrock are not nailed to the truss or are
nailed to a nailing strip attached to the wall. Trusses move up and down
with the weather and if ceiling sheetrock is nailed to the end of the
trusses, gaps show up between the walls and ceiling.

I wasn't aware of that. I'll have to consider that when I start this one.

As for your question, I don't have an answer. It might depend on what you
find as you take things apart.

"Eigenvector" wrote in message
Just a simple question related to this. Assuming I want to remove all
the drywall along a wall - if I wanted to keep the ceiling intact, should
I run a knife along the corner first to break the joint tape?

I guess I'm wondering if pulling down the wall will shred the ceiling
regardless of how careful I am doing it. I guess in some regard I have
to feather the corner when I retape so maybe this is a moot point anyway.
or maybe I can cut the drywall say 6 inches from the corner and not
remove the wall all the way to the ceiling then that makes installing the
repair a bit simpler.