Posted to alt.home.repair
PaPaPeng PaPaPeng is offline

Default Window air leak

I have casement windows, the ones that open with a lever, are hinged
on top and tilt outwards. Two frames have parted away from the wall
and opened up a slit around 1/8 inch wide. Cold winter air is coming
out of them. I had checked from the outside stucco wall and the
stucco seems intact. Any force on them will most likely crack and
shatter the stucco. That is I won't be able to use a rubber mallet to
knock back the frame into place. From the inside the wood trim is
right against the wall too and doesn't seem to have any room for me to
make any adjustments. I hate to take out the trim to check in case
that's not the solution. Any suggestion how I should attack the
problem? I am pretty handy when it comes to tools and fixes.