Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker Steve Barker is offline

Default Grounding a satellite

That's one long assed wire to ground a satellite.

--
Steve Barker

"Terry" wrote in message
oups.com...
When I first got a satellite, Direct TV came out and drove a small
ground rod and ran a bare wire from the base of the dish to the ground
rod.

I no longer use satellite but I am thinking about switching back
again.

I plan to have the new installer leave the base of the satellite
grounded to the ground rod, but also insist that he take another bare
wire from the clamp on the ground rod into the house and bond it to a
copper water pipe.

Will this meet code? If I can't get the satellite people to ground it
properly then I plan to stay on cable. I don't plan to spend any
money out of my pocket to ground a satellite system when I can just
stay on cable and not worry about it.

The cable company installed a splitter and came off the splitter to
the same cold water pipe I plan to have the satellite people to use.