Posted to sci.electronics.repair
j j is offline

Default Mystery component in Sam's PhotoFact

There's a schmatic symbol in Sam's PhotoFacts # 2908 and 2753-1
(covering JVC TV sets av-2749s, av-2759s, and av-2779s) that I don't
recall ever having seen before. It's NOT listed in the parts section
so I have no original or replacement numbers for reference. It's in
the grid (G1) circuit of the CRT.

Here's my attempt to describe it for those without access to the
PhotoFacts that I mentioned. It looks like a circle with a vertical
line running through the middle. On the upper left half of the circle
there's what appears to be a "black pie" section extending from a
point in the middle of the circle with an angle from about 11 to 12
o'clock. It almost touches the circumference. On the lower right half
of the circle there's a simular "black pie" section, with an angle
from about 5 to 6 o'clock. There's no line where the two "pie
sections" meet so it doesn't appear to be some sort of dual diode
device.

If anyone knows what it is, please let me know. I have researched
electronic schematic symbols on the web and in books but have not
found the symbol or what it represents.