Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike Dembroge Mike Dembroge is offline

Default Why do chisels have to be sharp?

[snip]

With that I had to regrind the chisel back to good metal before moving on
to Arkansas stones. He was getting inpatient while I restored the cutting
edge and started kiddingly complaining that I was cutting into his work
time! I reminded him that he damaged the chisel. To that he responded,
"No, you did." I asked, "How do you figure that, you dropped it?" With a
mischievous grin he said, "You're fixing it so you must have damaged it."
Kids! ;~)

Kinda tough to argue that kind of logic ;-)

mike