Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tom Woods Tom Woods is offline

Default Setting fence posts into waterlogged ground

On Thu, 22 Feb 2007 20:53:44 -0000, "Tim Downie"
wrote:

"Ian Stirling" wrote in message
Tim Downie wrote:
I'm in the process of taking down a hedge and putting up a new fence and
I've found that in some areas, the ground is waterlogged to within a
couple
of inches of the surface.

The plan was for a ranch style fence with 4"x4" tanalised posts at 6'
intervals and I'm wondering what's the best way to set the posts to give
them the greatest longevity.

Concrete posts?

Would be sensible, but ugly. I don't want them.

Steel 'metpost' type holders?

The work of Satan Sorry, but I hate these too.

Add some more soil to the ground and thus increase the ground level by
a couple of foot and get above the water? (it just so happens i
have some spare soil...)