Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Default Replacing a basketball hoop mounting post

On Feb 21, 10:33 pm, "steve" wrote:
Hello,
I was a moron and backed into my friend's basketball hoop. My car was
fine but I knocked over his hoop. It was yanked out of the concrete
and the mounting post (the post that the taller pole sits on) was bent
pretty badly. I was wondering if anyone knew where I could buy a
replacement mounting post.

Is the mounting post round? Steel? Wood 4 x 4? PVC?
Lets assume it was a piece of pipe, say, 3" diameter. Maybe a yard
long. Best source, call a well drilling company and butya section of
pipe that they have cut off. Other sources, a scrap recyling yard.
Last resort, a mill or steel supply warehouse. HTH

Joe