Posted to rec.woodworking
James \Cubby\ Culbertson James \Cubby\ Culbertson is offline

Default leg grain orientation....semantics?

"Joe" wrote in message
t...

This is a little late since you already glued the blanks up, but I would
mitre four pieces so there was "face" grain on all four sides.

By the way, this was how mission furniture was usually made since it
allows for ray-fleck figure on all four faces, something that Mom Nature
couldn't pull off by herself.

Or, veneer two faces, also done to get the "right" figure on four faces.

Joe

Yeah I had originally pondered doing that but decided against it. I have
never had good luck with gluing up long mitres like that. I seem to end up
with gaps etc..... Thanks for the suggestion.
Cheers,
cc