Posted to rec.woodworking
Dick Snyder Dick Snyder is offline

Default Alkyd paint vs semi gloss latex on birch plywood?

I recently completed a storage unit made from birch plywood. Based on things
I have read in this newsgroup in the past, I used an alxyd primer followed
by two coats of semi-gloss alkyd paint. I found the alkyd paint to be thick
enough where I saw brush marks in a few places after it dried. Probably
nobody but me will notice but you know how it is - you want your project to
be as perfect as you can. I choose alkyd because it really dries hard so I
shouldn't see marks from things sitting on top of the storage unit. If you
have done something similar would you have thinned it a little or would you
have used the semi gloss latex?

TIA.

Dick Snyder