Posted to rec.woodworking
dadiOH dadiOH is offline

Default Spraying vs. Rolling Kitchen Cabinets

GG.and.UN. wrote:
I have one more pressing question:

I should have everything sanded down to bare wood in a few hours,
now what are the recommendations on priming? Should I still prime
now that it's bare wood?

Yes, of course! Putting enamel on bare wood is an exercise in
futility.

I repeat...
2. No paint surface will be smoother than the underlying surface. It
must be dead flat and smooth. It may be that the brush marks you are
seeing are being telegraphed from a less than properly sanded
undercoat.

I can't tell you which to use but you need one that builds well and
SANDS EASILY. It needs to build in order to achieve a layer thick
enough to sand perfectly flat and smooth. There are very few
household primers that will fit the bill. There are numerous suitable
ones available at auto paint supply houses.

Not trying to be unkind or uppity but you obviously have no experience
with what you are trying to do. Getting a flawless enamel paint job
is very difficult and my best suggestion would be for you to have it
professionally done.

--

dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...