Posted to misc.consumers.house
KLS KLS is offline

Default Which "Home Owner Warranty" Company do you recommend?

On Thu, 22 Feb 2007 03:34:20 GMT, "WalkerTexasHiker"
wrote:

Buying our first house, the seller has offered to purchase a Home Owner
Warranty for us but we are tasked with choosing which company and plan we
want (up to $400). Does anyone have one of these or can you recommend a
company?

Ask them to credit you the $400 at closing. A home owner's warranty
is totally useless and a waste of good money based on my personal
experience because there are so many exclusions, and you're required
to use only their contractors, and often the deductible makes the
whole process unpalatable (mine was $90, and the policy wouldn't cover
the types of repairs I needed).