Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Sideboard Strategies?

On Feb 22, 8:01 am, "Leon" wrote:
wrote in message

oups.com...

That is true. However, look at it this way: If you put finish "A" on
that has 20% solids, compared to "B" that is 30% solids, you will have
an extra 10% more solids on the material with just one coat of B
compared to A. With two coats of B, it is like having three coats of
A. Lots more resin on the project.

Joining the nit picking contest, ;~)

If can A has 20% solids and can B has 30% solids, you will have 50% more
solids on the material coated with can B.

2 coats of B would indeed be like 3 coats of can A.

Hey.... leeme 'lone. Let me pick right back at you, bub. =;^)

If you read it the way I wrote it in my head, I would be accurate
because we were talking about solids in relation to a can, or volume.
So 10% per can, or by volume.

Anyway, you are certainly right about the relation of the numbers.

Glad you like the new gun. They are a nice piece of equipment. I
like the non-tailed too, but they don't deliver 100% consistent power
throughout the life cycle of the cartridge which is imperative for
some of the uses you detailed. You will get used to the tail when you
realize you are getting 100% compression every shot, and when you
don't have to replace cartridges.

Robert