Posted to rec.woodworking
J. Clarke J. Clarke is offline

Default Timber Health Hazards

On Thu, 22 Feb 2007 05:37:49 -0800, Ralph E Lindberg
wrote:

In article ,
(J T) wrote:

Or, health hazards & wood.
http://www.ubeaut.com.au/badwood.htm

Just ran across this in a batch of files I was discarding. This
ties in with the recent cutting board thread. Don't know if any is
claimed to be lethal, but some of it is definitely pretty nasty, and I
would think that lack of medical attention in some cases could result in
death. Or, you could call it filtering the gene pool.

JOAT
When in doubt, go to sleep.
- Mully Small

Nothing really "new" in the list, I've seen one from the USFS showing
similar statements. Ralph's woodworking rule #2 states, There are two
types of woodworkers, those that are allergic to wood dust, and those
that will be.

And allergy to wood dust does not automatically translate to allergy
to solid wood, and even less to food that was cut on that solid wood,
which is where all the hue and cry in the cutting board thread came
from.