Posted to uk.d-i-y
George George is offline

Default structural ply for subfloor

wrote in message
oups.com...
my local builders merchant has quoted my £27 / sheet + VAT for 18mm
malayan "structural" ply. i can get 18mm chinese ply for £14.95 /
sheet + VAT on the internet. the builders merchant said chinese ply
was "rubbish" and non structural ie not suitable for a subfloor.
i'm a bit wary of the builders merchants flexible pricing policy since
i got a quote on a load of timber which was almost double what my
builder got quoted. i've since opened an account now and he assures
me i'm getting the best price on the malayan ply...

i accept chinese ply will be of inferior quality but is it good enough
to use as a subfloor over joists (at 400mm centres)? (will be nailing
15mm T&G bamboo onto the ply subfloor)

So how much for carriage? on t internet