Posted to misc.rural,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
Rich Greenberg Rich Greenberg is offline

Default They did it again!

They can't ingore competition. Imagine that a particular style of
widget was previously priced at $1.97. If seller A rounds up to
$2.00 and Seller B rounds down to $1.95, who do you suppose makes the
sale?

Actually there is no reason whatsoever to change any of the marked
prices of individual items. Where the rounding will take place is at
the checkout, where the prices are added up, sales tax applied, and then
that total is rounded up or down IF you are paying cash. If you are
writing a check or using plastic, the total in odd cents goes in and
then shows up on your statement.

Just because there are no longer any pennies in circulation doesn't
restrict anyone from paying an amount not an even 5 cent multiple unless
you are paying cash. Then its rounded.

[Do your worst. Flame shield in place.] :-)

--
Rich Greenberg N Ft Myers, FL, USA richgr atsign panix.com + 1 239 543 1353
Canines:Val, Red, Shasta & Casey (RIP), Red & Zero, Siberians Owner:Chinook-L