Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default They did it again!

wrote in :

On Thu, 22 Feb 2007 00:11:19 +0000 (UTC),
(Rich
Greenberg) wrote:

Actually there is no reason whatsoever to change any of the marked
prices of individual items. Where the rounding will take place is at
the checkout, where the prices are added up, sales tax applied, and then
that total is rounded up or down IF you are paying cash. If you are
writing a check or using plastic, the total in odd cents goes in and
then shows up on your statement.

Just because there are no longer any pennies in circulation doesn't
restrict anyone from paying an amount not an even 5 cent multiple unless
you are paying cash. Then its rounded.

[Do your worst. Flame shield in place.] :-)

--

Great point. We have been buying gas priced to the 1/10h of a cent for
the best part of a century and there are not any "mil" coins.

Yes.After reading his very sensible post,I had to smack my forehead and ask
myself "why didn't*I* think of that?". DUH....

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik