Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren Oren is offline

Default Whole House Water Filters

On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 23:56:51 GMT, mcp6453
wrote:

After changing another disintegrated flapper on my toilet, I wonder if
it is time to get a whole house water filter. We're on city water, but I
have to clean the aerators on the facets and the flappers on the toilets
from time to time. It also seems abundantly clear to me that there is a
racket going on in the water filter business.

Can someone recommend a good brand or model of whole house water filter?
My home has copper plumbing, and I would definitely have it
professionally installed. Does Lowes or Home Depot sell quality filters?

In each of two houses I have had water softeners. Our water is very
heavy with calcium and does plenty of damage to appliances, etc. I
have an RO system under the sink an to the ice maker. Your ice cubes
can tell a little visually...cloudy vs clear...

The systems I've used over twelve years in the desert.

http://www.hansonwater.com/index.htm

--
Oren

excused from saving Universes."