Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd Mark Lloyd is offline

Default Measuring load on a circuit breaker.

On Tue, 20 Feb 2007 23:34:41 -0600, Chris Friesen
wrote:

Mark Lloyd wrote:

Consider that while current does flow both ways (or more correctly, is
ALTERNATING direction), POWER goes one way. "Direction" is useful
there.

How do you figure that? Power is a scalar quantity given by I^2*R.

Power dissipated by a load is always positive no matter which direction
the current flows through the load.

Chris

Basically what I said.

Considering that there's a "source" of the power and a "load" where
it's dissipated. it would be hard not to see a direction in there.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

school classes." -- Ted Kennedy