Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Simply Cut Your Electricity Bill By 25% REPS WANTED/29 WEB COST

"HeyBub" wrote in message

Reactive loads are NOT detected by a KWH meter. Placing the right sized
capacitor across an inductive load phase shifts the load into a reactive
load which IS invisible to a KWH meter.

So there's some truth to the claim. I don't think you can turn a pure
resistive load (like a light bulb) into behaving like a reactive one (on
the other hand, CFL have a transformer...).

This makes some sense for a manufacturing company, but I doubt a home would
benefit. Industrial users usually have demand meters but residential does
not.