Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Red is offline

Default Cordless power tool batteries deteroriate with time?

On Feb 21, 10:02 am, "Cue Miller" wrote:
..

I think he confused cold with nicads instead of alkalines. I have
kept alkalines in the refrig for years, many times years beyond their
expiration date, and they stay fresh that way. Not the same with
nicads however.

Bob

Alas, apparently this well-meant advice is exactly backwards. Nicads benefit
somewhat from the freezer, alkalines (as a practical matter) do not.

See this:
http://ask.yahoo.com/20011219.html

I don't care what other's opinions are, I'm talking from 20+ years of
experience with LOTS of batteries. You are a fool if you believe
every article you read on the 'net. And I said refrig, not freezer.
-Red