Posted to sci.electronics.repair
badgerboy badgerboy is offline

Default Toaster oven thermostat

On Feb 20, 7:22 pm, Sam Goldwasser wrote:
"badgerboy" writes:
Just for fun, I'd like to fix my old toaster oven. It was not very
old and in very fine condition except for a burned out thermostat.

Its a Magic Chef model ctb650m, and the thermostat is a mechanical
type, with the following written on it:

Keensound 125V 12A KS198 1300

I have written to the MagicChef address on the user manual but so far
received no reply. I think they may be out of the business. I wonder
if there are any suggestions on how to obtain a replacement or
equivalent thermostat. Even a similar one that I could rig in, even
if temperatures were off a bit, would be fine.

What happened to the thermostat?

The contact on the bimetallic strip was completely burned thru, and
the strip itself seems to have been deformed from heating so that it
no longer makes contact with the other side of the switch, at any
temperature setting. Do you think this can be bent back into shape
and fixed?

Thanks, Guy