Posted to alt.home.repair
Stacia Stacia is offline

Default Another mold question

"Lawrence" writes:

If it was me I would go ahead an remove the wallpaper there are
several methods. If the trim is in the way then remove it as well.
When the remodel occurs be sure to have an exhaust fan installed and
make sure it is vented directly outside an not into the attic.

Thanks for all the advice guys. We're definitely going to get an
exhaust fan installed when the remodelling happens. I have no clue why
none was installed originally, because the bathroom wall is right next
to the kitchen wall, and very close to the kitchen exhaust.
I hope the wallpaper spots are just mildew and not mold, but I've got
a bad feeling about it. The previous owners may very well have been
trying to hide mold, and I'm a little irked that the inspector didn't
find it (he didn't find the rotten wood drawer in the bathroom vanity,
either).

Stacia