Posted to alt.home.repair
vic vic is offline

Default Federal Pacific Circuit Breaker Box with Challenger breakers???

Just moved into an eighteen year old condo that has a federal pacific
electric breaker panel with challenger circuit breakers.

I have an 1988 vintage GE electric combination electric range/oven
with an integrated over the range microwave.

Every time I use the electric range, its oven, and the microwave
together, the range circuit breaker in the panel box trips. This
circuitbreaker is double breaker that has 40 on its two tandem
switches which I assume is an 80 amp double breaker.

I am looking for professional opinions

Is it possible the 80 amp breaker is bad??

Would the total draw of the range its oven and the micro on at the
same time cause an 80 amp rated breaker to trip??

Thanks for your help

VIC