Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd Mark Lloyd is offline

Default Measuring load on a circuit breaker.

On Tue, 20 Feb 2007 18:30:25 -0500, "John Grabowski"
wrote:

wrote in message
roups.com...
Hi,
Does anyone know of a way to measure the current being used on a
single circuit breaker from just one of the wall outlets on that
circuit?

ie; I want to be able to plug something in anywhere in the house and
be able to tell from there how many amps the circuit breaker is using.
thanks

I have an adaptor for my ammeter that I can plug into an ordinary wall
receptacle. It has a loop on it to clamp around and I can plug an appliance
into it to see what the load is for that appliance. I think Amprobe makes
it.

John Grabowski
http://www.mrelectrician.tv

I'm using a Kill-A-Watt meter for that now, but previously I had a VOM
attachment for that. I made it from a remote control cord (just a
switch at one end) with the switch removed and replaced with banana
plugs.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com