Posted to alt.home.repair
Mortimer Schnerd, RN Mortimer Schnerd, RN is offline

Default light bulbs

FH wrote:
i recently had to replace a couple of light bulbs on my ceiling fan. when i
went to take one out, the glass seperated from the part that actually screws
in... the second and third bulbs did the same.... it felt tight (the
connecting metal part) as i was trying to unscrew them. is there something i
could put on the metal threads to keep that from happening again?

http://shopping.msn.com/specs/shp/?itemId=29375105

Bulb EZ light bulb lubricant works great and sure solved the problem for me. I
bought two of the little tubs about 5 years ago thinking it would be hard to
find later. Actually, you use so little that one tub will probably last you
damned near forever.

The stuff has the appearance of silicon grease but the consistency of a soft
plastic. A little goes a looooong way.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com