Posted to alt.home.repair
Felder Felder is offline

Default Electrical Interference on Cable Internet???

On Feb 20, 6:45 am, mm wrote:

Apparently nobody read my full post. I have no problems with the

I thought they did read your post. Why do you think,and why do you
mention, that they didn't?

Because I was getting suggestions on how to fix the problem. I said in
my post that the problem appears to be fixed. I was only hitting on
anyone with similar experiences.

cable. I did have until I move my cable line away from the electrical

Exactly. You did have problems. I took their posts to say that if one
used the better cable, even when the two cables ran together, right
next to each other, there likely wouldn't be interference.

Okay, I see what you mean. I am using thr cable supplied to me by the
cable company (Time Warner - Road Runner). It is RG-6. Still no
problems since I moved the cable away from the electrical lines. So,
to me that implies I was getting interference from the electrical
lines. Maybe, maybe not. It's only been 24 hrs since I "fixed" the
problem. I'll ask the cable guy when he comes out.

Sorry for any misunderstandings.

-Felder