Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default Darkening Stainless steel?

Goedjn wrote:
On 20 Feb 2007 09:31:00 -0800, "Father Haskell"
wrote:

On Feb 20, 12:21 pm, "Toller" wrote:
I have dog dishes set in walnut. They look cheap, but there are no
alternative; brass dog dishes don't exist; at least not at a reasonable
price.

Is there any way to darken the SS? I have tried permanent marker, but that
wears off quickly.

"Patinating" them with a propane torch might work.

Or stick it it the oven at the highest temp you can get, and
then douse it in oil.

Am I the only one who thinks that worrying about the color
of a dog's dish is more than a little silly?

If Martha Stewart Designer Doggy Dishes' stock tumbles it's your
fault.

I was more concerned about doing something to the dish that would
poison the dog.
"Hey, sorry to hear about your dog."
"Thanks. I'll miss him. His bowl looks great though, doesn't it?"
"Hell yeah!"