Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd Mark Lloyd is offline

Default Three way motion sensor switch

On 19 Feb 2007 07:56:47 -0800, "
wrote:

What is the make of your motion switch ?

(sorry for the previous omission)

It's A Cooper Wiring Devices model 6109.

This model has 3 wires, but the third wire is ground (which doesn't
have to be connected).

BTW, Something I'm looking for is one like this with a NEUTRAL wire.

On Feb 16, 1:46 pm, Mark Lloyd wrote:
On 15 Feb 2007 11:35:52 -0800, "

wrote:
Thanks for the answer. So from what I understand the manual switch
simply overrides the motion detector switch.

Yes.

I don't know if all motion detectors will do this, but on mine the
manual switch would cause the motion detector to turn on and start the
timer.

That doesn't correspond with the setup I want. I want to avoid
forgetting to close the lights. I'll put a simple circuit with the
motion detector in the corner. It will do.

On 8 fév, 15:16, Mark Lloyd wrote:
On 7 Feb 2007 13:33:39 -0800, "

wrote:
Hi,

I want to install a motion sensor wall plate switch by Cooper or
Leviton. Some of their models can we incorporated in a three way
electrical setup. The other switch would be a standard three way
switch.

I want to know, how all this will work?

I assume if you pass in front of the switch, the lights will go on.
Will it still do that is someone flips the other switch? Will the
motion one be disabled?

If the light is switched on by the manual one, will the lights be
turned off by the motion switch according to it's preset delay?

Regards,
Nicolas

I have has a setup like that. You wire the second (manual) switch to
bypass the motion sensor switch and turn the light on. Turning this
OFF will start the timer. That is, that manual switch needs to be
MOMENTARY (leaving it on would force the light to stay on and the
motion detector couldn't do anything about it). You should be able to
get a momentary pushbutton switch that fits on a wall plate.

--
Mark Lloydhttp://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

school classes." -- Ted Kennedy- Hide quoted text -