Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How to Clean a pitted Aluminum Extension Ladder

On Feb 20, 10:47�am, "Lawrence" wrote:
On Feb 19, 2:13 pm, Michael Bushey wrote:

How do I *clean a pitted aluminum extension ladder that is so bad it is hard
to slide the two sections up and down?

Ladders are almost never repaired only replaced. *A good ladder will
last a lifetime if properly stored. *I have a nice selection of
ladders. *One time one of my step ladder got dented somehow and would
not sit level. *I had to toss it even though it was an expensive
ladder.

I had a 16 footer that got damaged, tossed 1/2 the other half I use in
my shed with 10 foot cieling height.

If its cosmetic wash and perhaps spray with clear acrylic, if its
ANYTHING even remotely structural sell it for scrap and buy a new one.

WAY TOO EASY TO GET HURT!