Posted to alt.home.repair
tom tom is offline

Default Aprilaire Humidifier

"PaPaPeng" wrote in message
On Tue, 20 Feb 2007 01:32:17 +0000 (UTC), wayne
wrote:

I would get a new drip type humifier they are much better and you will

not
have anywhere near the maintenance as all you need to do is change the

filter.
there is a solenoid to turn the drip of water on and off. No standing

water
so no scum or mold isssues are a major plus

Furnace humidifiers are more trouble than they are worth. I took mine
out because of heavy lime buildup. More important, the water
reservoir dish always had a slimy buildup, probably due to bacteria
and fungi growing in the ideally warm water. They feed on the
constant supply of food from the fresh air duct that connects to the
outside. I think this slime contributed to respiratory problems by
producing spores. What I do have is a lot of house plants. They
respire and contribute moisture to the room air. If they thrive so do
I. I have the correct humidity. The galss on the windows no longer
have condensation problems.

I quit using my furnace humidifier and now use this one positioning it close
to a return.

H12 001 Series Wholehouse Humidifier
http://www.essickair-store.com/produ...s&type=keyword
pg. 2