Posted to misc.rural,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
[email protected] tmclone@searchmachine.com is offline

Default They did it again!

On Feb 19, 5:20 pm, Hayes wrote:
wrote:
Hmm, I actually DO take plastic at my yard sales, since I am a self-
employed merchant, but I guess most people don't. However, since I
rarely shop for anything at all, either new or used, I can't say I
visit garage sales all that much. I guess since I'm not much of a
"consumer" I must not be normal. And, as far as "normal" goes, I can't
say that there are any places I shop without the "whiz-bang"
terminals. I rarely make offline purchases anywhere except the grocery
store, WalMart, restaurants, the post office, and gas stations, and
they all have the "whiz-bang" stuff, and it's MUCH faster to swipe a
$2 purchase than to deal with bills and coins. That way, I don't
irritate you "normal" people. I live in the boonies, not a big city,
and I rarely see anyone else use money either. II don't know what
you're talking about when you say there's a need for cash. Frankly,
since I get at least $700/year in cash back from my credit card
issuer, I can't afford NOT to use cards for everything. As always,
however, YMMV.

Taking plastic as a merchant, will cost you an additional 2%, minimum.
It's utterly foolish to take plastic, at a garage sale no less.

Well, when you're selling antiques furniture at more than $100 a
piece, you have much better sales if you take plastic.

You know, for someone that claims to rarely shop for anything at all,
new or used. And, not much of a consumer. You sure do get a lot "cash
back". You have to spend close to $70K a year in order to get $700 back.

I smell a BSer, big time. LOL, thanks for catching yourself up in lies.-

??? If you only get 1% back, yes, but not if you're getting a sliding
percentage based on buying habits. Also, if you buy EVERYTHING on
plastic, then the points add up quickly. I only spend about 30k on
plastic a year, and a huge amount of that is the "extra points"
purchases I use for my business, which get about 5%. It's not a
"business" card, it's just my consumer card. Everyone can do this.
What's the big deal?