Posted to alt.home.repair
Lawrence Lawrence is offline

Default Cordless power tool batteries deteroriate with time?

On Feb 19, 7:14 pm, "a1esta" wrote:

I intend to buy a cordless screw driver mainly for use in driving
screws on cabinets, walls etc. And I will use it only about 3 to 4
times per year. And if the batteries really have shelf life, it would
not be econimcal. Would it be better to get the corded tool instead?!

Assuming you don't have any drill/driver at all then you should get a
corded one first. Cordless drills/drivers are populare and fun to
use. Corded drills are real workhorses in comparison. They are less
expensive, more powerful, and more cost effective. You might be happy
with a cheap drill but mine are all Milwaukeee brand which has a great
reputation.

If the corded one doesn't please you or you have some money to blow
then you can alway buy a cordless drill/driver later. They are maybe
better suited to driving screws since they have slower speeds and an
adjustable clutch.