Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Venting gas water heaters vs. gas stoves.

On 19 Feb 2007 07:39:45 -0800, "Lawrence" wrote:

In Minnesota at least, a gas cook stove does indeed require ,by code,
a vent which goes outside. I'm sure that's true of many other states
as well. I have seen unvented stoves but they have never been seen by
a building inspector, I bet.

Regardless of code, it is recommended and worthwhile to have a hood
for your gas range. I don't always use mine but that is what is
recommended by the safety pundits.

That's because Minnesota believes that all their residents
are children who must be protected by government legislation.

rj