Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] jazon48@yahoo.com is offline

Default Aprilaire Humidifier

On Feb 19, 7:45 pm, "EvenStephen" wrote:
My ten year old furnace has an Aprilaire humidifier (Model 550) on it. It
has quit working. I clean my furnace filters monthly and oil the motor as
required, but I completely forgot to clean the in-line strainer that is on
the humidifier. I tool it apart and cleaned it but the humidifier still
does not pump water through the system I'm guessing that the humidifier
"pump" was water cooled and has burnt out. Before I go buy an replacement
part, could it be something else? Thanks!

The last time I had to service a furnace-attached humidifier, the
water flow problem was caused by deposits in the valve at the cold
water line.

It's good that you cleaned the strainer but my experience indicates
that you must trace and clean the water supply all the way back to the
water pipe.

". . .Pump. . ." ??? Are you sure there is one? When I looked up
your humidifier I thought it worked the same way as the one I had to
fix.

-Jason