Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default Another mold question

Stacia wrote:
We just bought our house a year ago and the previous owners put up a
wallpaper trim on the top of the bathroom walls, including over the
shower area. The bathroom for some reason doesn't have an exhaust fan
so we got a dehumidifier, but the wallpaper trim is starting to show
dark spots, which I suspect are mold.
Would it be worthwhile to try and bleach the wallpaper as a temporary
solution? The bathroom is probably going to be remodelled in a few
months. Or should we rip down the trim as soon as possible?

Stacia

Just use your normal method of cleaning and add a little bleach to the
wash solution. If you are remodeling in a few months, it isn't worth a
lot of bother now. If you like doing bothersome work, it might help
keep humidity down to squeegee shower stall and take out damp towels ..
I'm not that ambitious.