Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Cordless power tool batteries deteroriate with time?

On Tue, 20 Feb 2007 04:32:54 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:

"Sacramento Dave" wrote in message
So hear I am again $50 for each battery or a whole new set up. I also
think Dewalt tools are way over rated.

Check out www.primecell.com to have it rebuilt, often better than new

But now I just read about a new design drill. what's deferent it has a
electrical type cord attached to it, then that hooks into a central power
supply ( they do make extra length cords you can add to it) The good part
is you never have to charge it and they say it should last over 20 years
and best of all there actually cheaper.

What a concept. Next thing you know, they may start making telephones like
that.

They even have a design for earth satellites like this. The problem
used to be that one needed a longer and longer cord, but the new
design uses a copper ring around the earth and a fixed length wire
with a contact that slides across the ring. To complete the circuit,
they use a "space ground" which is the astronomic equivalent of an
earth ground.