Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Cordless power tool batteries deteroriate with time?

On 19 Feb 2007 17:14:16 -0800, "a1esta" wrote:

For e.g., when the batteries are not being used, they will still be
"dead" say after 24 months or so. I also heard that for infreqently
used rechargeable batteries, it is necessary to store them at a very
low temperature (about 10 deg. C) in order to to prolong the shelf
life.

Don't know for sure, but I keep my photographic film, my yet to be
used prescription medicine, my nice candles, and my rechargeable and
non-re. batteries in the refrigerator. They sometimes take up more
room than the food, I think.

A guy I met at a hamfest who bought out four RadioShacks and is
selling what he bought said that NiCd batteries need a cool dry place
iirc but not a fridge. I only have a couple of those in the fridge,
but I may move them when I find a good spot. I don't really know what
power tools use.